The faculty are well qualified with master degree in nursing and have enough experience in teaching to handle all the specialty subjects and train them to be clinically competent to provide quality care. The college has appointed well qualified faculty to teach all non nursing subjects. Tutors /clinical instructors are available with B.Sc.(N) qualification to supervise the students in the clinical setting.
Basic B.Sc.(N) Programme
M.Sc. Nursing programme
2 years with an annual intake of 4 students per specialty. Academic year commences every year in the month of October.
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
Eligiblity for Admission
A Candidate seeking Admission to Basic B.SC. Nursing Course
- Passed the two year Pre University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, with Science subjects, viz, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Obtained at least 45% of the total marks in science subjects and English of the qualifying examination. If belonging to a Scheduled Castes or a Scheduled Tribe, should have obtained not less than 40% of the total marks in science subjects and English of the qualifying examination.
- Students of Vocational courses: 10+2 vocational course of State Government of Kerala with 4 subjects including Physics, Chemistry,
Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to +2 Examination / Karnataka Pre-University course from the academic year 2005-06 onwards. Marks obtained by the candidate in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology to be considered for assessing the eligibility as per the ordinances governing Basic B.Sc. Nursing course of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences vide Notification No.RGUHS/SEF/EC. B.SC. Nsg/191/2005-06 dated 18/05/2006.
- The candidate shall have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete this age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Eligiblity for Admission
A Candidate seeking Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Course
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of :
B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The Candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after B.Sc.Nursing, in a Hospital or in Nursing Educational Institution or Community Health Setting.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC / ST candidates may be given.
Code of Conduct
PUNCTUALITY & ATTENDANCE
ACADEMIC PROGRESS & CLINICAL EVALUATION
- The uniform reflects the dignity of the profession. The college will provide uniform on payment for the same. Students are expected to wear clean and neat uniform in the college /clinical field. No ornaments / jewellery will be allowed with the uniform except a small stud, which is not larger than the ear lobe and a small “bindi” on the forehead if required. Wear shoes which are prescribed as a part of uniform during clinical postings.
- Community Health Nursing uniforms are to be worn by students during the community field experience.
- Hair should be neatly put up into a ‘bun’ and held securely above the nape of the neck. The students are expected to be in full uniform and carry pocket articles on duty, failing which the students will be disciplined by the authorities of the college.
- Dress code for female students – when in ‘mufti’ – should be modestly dressed either in Salwar-Kameez or Saree. Sleeveless tops or midi skirts, Jean Pants etc., are not allowed.
For Male students – ‘In shirts’-Pants, Shoes & Socks. Jeans & Tea-shirts not allowed.
Punctuality & Attendance
- Students are expected to be punctual for class and clinical practical training.
- They will be disciplined in the event of repeated late attendance.Assignments and work sheets must be submitted punctually to the class teachers.
- Minimum 80 percent attendance is required in theory and 100% in practical separately in each subject to be eligible for University examination.
- Parents must help the college authorities by discouraging their wards/children abstaining from the class for trivial reasons.
Academic Progress & Clinical Evaluation
Books: Prescribed textbooks, case records/cumulative will be issued to the students by the college.
Cumulative/Case records-must be completed to become eligible to appear for the university examination.
The Clinical Practical training is of 6 hours integrated clinical duties in which four weeks of evening and night shifts are included. The students will have to complete 100 % attendance in the clinical practice, to be eligible for appearing in the final examination of each year during course period.
- A sense of decorum and discipline is expected from every student in the institute, hospital as well as in the entire campus. RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. They shall not indulge either individually or collectively, in any form of activity that will bring down the good name of the institution/Nursing profession. No person who is a student in an educational institution including an institution under the direct management of the Karnataka Nursing Council or of the central government shall commit ragging.
- Any person who contravenes sub section (l) shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term of one year or fine of rupees two thousand or both.
- If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, Candidates will be expelled from the institution.
- The student and parent shall assure in the form of affidavit not indulge in ragging.
- College has implemented measures to prevent ragging among students through anti ragging monitoring committee & anti ragging squad members committee.