In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus disease, COVID-19, to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. WHO stated that there is a high risk of COVID-19 spreading to other countries around the world.
In March 2020,WHO made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic. WHO and public health authorities around the world are acting to contain the COVID-19 outbreak. However, this time of crisis is generating stress throughout the population. The following resources are suggested by Union Grant commission (UGC), New Delhi, India for uplifting mental health and well-being of students during COVID 19 outbreak.
Please click on the respective link mentioned against each learning material for viewing the material
1. Stress management during COVID 19 outbreak
2. Additional tips for stress management
3. Tips for parents and students during COVID 19 outbreak
4. Identifying sources of anxiety and stress during lockdown
5. Minding our minds during corona outbreak
6. Various expert opinion on managing mental health and well-being during COVID 19 outbreak
7. How to make household mask
8. UGC has opened a toll free helpline number for students for addressing their behavioural and psychosocial issue at – 0804611007
ZULEKHA NURSING COLLEGE
HOD MENTAL HEALTH NURSING